From generations to generations, families have passed on beauty secrets that have worked and lasted over a lifetime.
1. Keep yourself hydrated by drinking lots of water. It increases the human growth hormone in your body and is good for fat loss and wonderful for skin.
2. The three basic steps to great skin are to cleanse, tone and moisturise.
3. Use rosewater with witch hazel as a toner.
4. Honey and sugar mixed together makes a great mask/exfoliation.
5. Place cucumbers slices on your eyes an hour before getting ready for a night out, which reduces puffiness.
6. Have you run out of toner? Make some rooibos tea (no milk) and allow to cool down. Then simply dip cotton pads into the tea and apply to skin.
7. Change your pillowcase at least two to three times per week, as a clean pillow ensures good looking skin.
8. It’s not about how much product you use – it is about how regularly use it that will give you the benefit.
9. Apples work like a bomb, not only are they great for your body or immune system, but they are definitely great for your skin. Eating an apple everyday will leave your skin glowing, your cheeks rosy and skin nourished.
10. Coconut oil for your hair and skin, it makes a great exfoliating and moisturising.
11. For soft hands, mix a little brown sugar and coconut oil, then rub it all over your hands and rinse.
12. For hyper-pigmentation use a natural sugar scrub, juice of half a lemon, a half of brown sugar, one tablespoon of organic honey and one tablespoon olive oil.
13. Freeze your eye liner a few minutes before use, this ensures that it does not crumble or break, which often happens especially when you are in a hurry. It also glides along your lash line seamlessly.
14. Splash your face every morning with cold water at least seven times. It apparently ‘wakes you up’ and reduces morning puffiness.
15. To ensure your perfume lasts longer put a little Vaseline on your wrists before you spray.
16. To eliminate brown dark stretch marks make a body scrub of brown sugar and grapefruit.
17. Instead of going out and buying expensive beauty products, use extra-virgin olive oil, honey and baking soda to make a nice face scrub.
18. Never go to sleep with your make-up on.