West Yorkshire consists of five metropolitan boroughs; City of Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees, City of Leeds and City of Wakefield. West Yorkshire is a county in Yorkshire in the north of England. You’ll find very old structures in some parts of West Yorkshire. It’s largely industrial, but with a surprising amount of countryside.
Leeds is West Yorkshire’s biggest city and main transport hub. It has the best shopping, dining and drinking, and a modern shopping centre. The city has so many stunning buildings and cultural landmarks to discover. To discover leeds, you need to set aside a weekend to explore and discover the city.
The University of Leeds is one of the largest Universities in the country. The University of Leeds is a public research university in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. It was established in 1874 as the Yorkshire College of Science.
Leeds-Bradford Airport (LBA IATA) is the major airport in West Yorkshire. It’s a base for budget airline Jet2, and also served by Ryanair, and has decent connections across western Europe.
Fun things to do in West Yorkshire
– Go down a coal mine at Wakefield’s National Mining Museum.
– Watch football: the leading teams are Leeds United and Huddersfield Town, both in the Championship.
– Discover a romantic paradise in the Peaks and Pennines
Location: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire
– Visit: Eureka! The National Children’s Museum in Halifax, England
- 9 facts you didn’t know about London - 2nd April 2023
- The Streets of London, June 2022- The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee - 2nd July 2022
- Summer in London- Tours, River cruise and Tickets - 24th May 2022